Cdcovers.cc Forums

Welcome to the Cdcovers.cc Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features, most noticeably request covers. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, play the arcade, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   Cdcovers.cc Forums > Hardware Talk > Printing & Scanning

Printing & Scanning All you need to know about printing & scanning quality covers including printers and paper types

Old 14-11-2006, 05:09

Default XBOX 360 DVD Cover Settings and Paper type??

I am a total newbie and have searched this forum for this information, but I was unable to find it. I am only interested in Xbox 360 Hi Res DVD Cover printing.

1. I am trying to fing out what Settings I should set my HP Photosmart 8150 to print these Hi res covers properly.

2. What type of paper do people recommend to print on? Also what size should I purchase?

3. Lastly, do I need to cut the DVD cover out after printing, or do they print perfectly on the paper and just insert them into the DVD case?

Thanks to everyone for help on this, I really appreciate it. I know that others have mentioned that this is already been covered somewhere here, but I wasnt able to find it for Xbox 360. I hope that is ok that I asked these questions.

Thanks again.
frankfooter26
Old 15-11-2006, 12:16
The Doctor

Whether you are printing covers for the XBox, a DVD or a CD, the process is still the same. The only difference[s] may be the actual size of the cover. I won't go over the information because it is literally all over these forums. You could have a look at some of my tutorials on Template design and other print related guides.

You will have to cut the covers to size. I use a small guillotine for this purpose as you get a nice clean cut with it.

Founder of the Cdcovers Canon PIXMA club

"Have you crashed your Windows today?"

Click here for templates. Click here to search the forums.

I will not reply to email's or PM's that should be posted in the forums!

AnyDVD - The greatest decrypter known to man!!
Old 01-12-2006, 16:34

Default Please help with paper to purchase...

So is there a particular paper gloss that I need to buy? I still am unsure on this as I have searched and searched and think that I am losing my marbles here Will someone that is a pro please give me some insight as to which size paper to buy for this and what brand or type? I see that I must cut them according to the last post, but Im still unclear on the settings or paper gloss to purchase.

Thank you
Old 31-12-2006, 09:30
The Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfooter26 View Post
So is there a particular paper gloss that I need to buy? .....
You can use whatever paper you want. A gloss paper does give a nice result but, then again, if you make the cover[s] with plain paper they still come out pretty good once inserted inside the plastic sleeve of the cover case. As for paper size do as I suggested and read my guide on template design. It gives the dimensions of standard DVD cases and other info.

Founder of the Cdcovers Canon PIXMA club

"Have you crashed your Windows today?"

Click here for templates. Click here to search the forums.

I will not reply to email's or PM's that should be posted in the forums!

AnyDVD - The greatest decrypter known to man!!
Old 31-12-2006, 14:17
I live here!

I use:

Canon iP4200 printer on the standard quality setting

Glossy photo paper A4 190 g/m2 (180microns)

CoverXP on DVD front template

then cut the cover off the paper using a scalpel and steel ruler.

When inserted into a green DVD case, you'd have a hard job to distinguish the result from a genuine case/cover