Cdcovers.cc Forums

Welcome to the Cdcovers.cc Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features, most noticeably request covers. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, play the arcade, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   Cdcovers.cc Forums > Cdcovers.cc Related > News and Announcements

News and Announcements In this forum you can read all the latest site and forum developments. You can't post new threads here, as the forum is read-only, but you can reply to open topics.

Closed Thread

Old 16-09-2009, 11:46
Administrator

Exclamation Beware of Bigpockets.co.uk

This is a warning to all our users to stay away from Bigpockets and use another more reliable and trustworthy company for your media and computer supplies.

To those of you who don't know, Bigpockets have sponsored our upload contests for the past several years and have enjoyed our official endorsement.
Unfortunately due to recent changes of ownership they have decided to pull a quick one on us and stopped delivering prizes to the contest winners although we kept our part of the deal. Combine that with the increasing number of complaints we've been getting from users shopping at their site we have decided to bring this matter to your attention.

It's really a shame things have gotten to this but all our efforts to end this nicely with Oli the new owner and make sure our users will get their prizes were unsuccessful.

STAY AWAY FROM WWW.BIGPOCKETS.CO.UK
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jj For This Useful Post:
bigiansue (18-09-2009), discopulas (14-10-2009), gazza2008 (06-01-2010), madhatter (18-09-2009), metal heart (20-09-2009), spookyxf (05-01-2010), wsd (30-10-2009)
Old 18-09-2009, 18:39

Angry In Reference to 'www.bigpockets.co.uk

hi guys ,
A very bad move for bigpockets not honouring supply for the prize winners.

For those that do not know this also includes 'www.svp.co.uk' and 'www.bigmaggot.co.uk' ...the main is ... 'www.ukdvdr.co.uk' .......and in regard to complaints ,i have purchased from uk.dvr.co.uk , and nothing has arrived perfect condition on any order placed.There may be other companies owned by the same guy , but only stating what i know for a fact.
Steve sold svp.co.uk last year ...and in my opinion , was probably the best company to deal with then .

cheers ian
Old 18-09-2009, 18:40

Default Regarding Bigpockets

Had a look on there site, stuff is a ripoff, get your computer media etc from www.scan.co.uk or www.aria.co.uk.

Regards john
Old 19-09-2009, 15:34
Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigiansue View Post
hi guys ,
A very bad move for bigpockets not honouring supply for the prize winners.

For those that do not know this also includes 'www.svp.co.uk' and 'www.bigmaggot.co.uk' ...the main is ... 'www.ukdvdr.co.uk' .......and in regard to complaints ,i have purchased from uk.dvr.co.uk , and nothing has arrived perfect condition on any order placed.There may be other companies owned by the same guy , but only stating what i know for a fact.
Steve sold svp.co.uk last year ...and in my opinion , was probably the best company to deal with then .

cheers ian
I use SVP and UKDvdr as my main suppliers and have never suffered any of the problems posted by the above person.

In-fact, on "one occasion" UKDVDR even "insisted" on repaying my CC of .60p for some missing DVD cases from a order, even though I said I was not bothered about the money but just wanted to inform them that the delivery was short.

Both UKDVDR and SVP still get my vote and business for being very reliable with excellent service and delivery.
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
wsd (30-10-2009)
Old 14-10-2009, 01:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj View Post
This is a warning to all our users to stay away from Bigpockets and use another more reliable and trustworthy company for your media and computer supplies.

To those of you who don't know, Bigpockets have sponsored our upload contests for the past several years and have enjoyed our official endorsement.
Unfortunately due to recent changes of ownership they have decided to pull a quick one on us and stopped delivering prizes to the contest winners although we kept our part of the deal. Combine that with the increasing number of complaints we've been getting from users shopping at their site we have decided to bring this matter to your attention.

It's really a shame things have gotten to this but all our efforts to end this nicely with Oli the new owner and make sure our users will get their prizes were unsuccessful.

STAY AWAY FROM WWW.BIGPOCKETS.CO.UK
Truly a shame. Thank you for the update.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:06

Icon9

Wow I hope this is not true - I really had no idea!
I was a big fan of SVP, used them for years and bought all my stuff from them and always recommended them to my friends. The prices were good and always had the cheapest ink for my printer.

I placed an order with them only a couple of days ago, and my order status says it was sent and also that it was still picking!

I really dont like the new format of the site, I cant even find the reviews now. My favourite feature used to be able to sort items by individual unit price so you could see what worked out the cheapest and most expensive.

Its a real shame so I think this might be my last order with them. I will try the other two sites mentioned earlier...

I hope the guys that made SVP come back with a new bigger and better site =)
Old 21-01-2012, 03:26

Shame I've used svp and bigpockets for years and been delighted with them. But I have not used them recently
Old 11-02-2012, 13:29
Only for V.I.P

Hi
im sorry folks but i have dealt with ukdvdr for a number of years and had the best of service especially with there compatable ink i do find there postage rather high but this is a sign of the times i recently had some bad cartriges that would not be reconised by my printer i sent in a ticket and after a few exchanges (Friendly) lol i was sent a full set of cartriges maybe theylookafter returning customers idn a while ago they used to give you a refund of postage if it didnt arrive the next day or something like that i know they honoured that with me several times what we have to remember these companys deal with alot of different people who are not always pleasent As far as big pockets are concerned i think it is really bad of them they could not buy the advertising they have had for the cost of a few items as prizes i didnt realise that ukdvdr was owned by Bigpockets that is useful information to me thanks as amatter of interest i have used digital promo in the past and they seem good but i dont think amazon can be beaten i order one day and its with me 1pm the next well packed good tracking if needed so you can be home at the time etc and a good easy returns policy if needed although can be hard to find on there site well sorry didnt mean to talk everyones head off hope parts of this post help someone.
Amazon may be the firm to Aproach with this regard to competition prizes. etc
Kind regards

Apollo

Last edited by Apollo21; 11-02-2012 at 13:33. Reason: keyboard mistakes
Old 11-02-2012, 14:52
Oops

This sounds more like just a promotion for other suppliers to me.

I still stand by my earlier post/comment that in my mind there is nothing wrong with UKDVDR, or SVP.
(Not sure how SVP crept into the subject but it has)

This sounds more like a subtle way of rubbishing UKDVDR and promoting another site.

Although I will concede by saying with not having to return any goods I have never seen that side of the company as their goods have always been flawless in price and quality. (and that goes for both companies)

However there was one occasion when my delivery was short of one item (DVD case) and 'they insisted' on refunding me the .60p for the none delivered item.
Old 13-04-2012, 13:07
Only for V.I.P

Icon10

Hi
Good joke but you have poasted in the wrong section mate

Regards
Apollo
Old 13-04-2012, 22:58
COVERS R US

Thanked 69,668 Times in 55,551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo21 View Post
Hi
Good joke but you have poasted in the wrong section mate

Regards
Apollo

It was just a test post from a spammer, a check on his email confirmed it

Dont forget to say thank you to whoever sends your covers, manners cost nothing and it takes seconds to press the thank you button!!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:36
Only for V.I.P

I know this thread is old..... but

A few years ago when Steve owned SVP I always swore by them, they were my main source of all things computer related, they were approachable and had a contact telephone number for help, Steve even rang me one day to help choose a replacement item found to be out of stock after I ordered, and loved the fact they listed the type of dye used in the discs they sold, then Steve sold the company and they moved to Scotland, I had a few more orders after they moved but after a while the choice of stock dwindled, the prices went up unrealistically, they reduced their postage options and the postage cost increased by a few pounds, the website was 'updated' and the dye types were removed, and they went to the 'trouble ticket' option for help.......

Exactly the same can be said for Bigpockets, they were once a great site, contactable and very competitive, but unfortunately went the same way as SVP, I stopped ordering from them both, until last month, when against my better judgement I decided to order a cheap recon laptop (£160) from Bigpockets, just for my daughter to take to school and bash on the net, well it just ended up reminding me why I never order from Bigpockets or SVP anymore.....
When it arrived it was missing the power adapter and was completely dead, I had to start a 'trouble ticket' to advise them of this as they do not have a telephone number, they answered after a day or so and sent me one in the post, when I received the power supply upon turning on the laptop I found the laptop was missing 1GB of RAM from the advertised amount, again another trouble ticket, after about 10 more stupid questions about the type of memory installed, what I thought was missing and what type did I require, etc I received replacement memory which I had to fit myself, then I found although it was sold as having a 'new' battery it was in fact second hand and wouldn't hold a charge... again a trouble ticket and a replacement was sent to me after a few days, unfortunately the replacement battery was also second hand... another trouble ticket.... then I got a new battery in the post.... and found the laptop wold only last about 30 mins from a full charge... another 'trouble ticket'.......asked to run memtest and host of other things which had I not been PC savvy I would not have been able to do....
After about 20 'trouble tickets' and some 3 weeks messing about I asked for a refund, which I must say I did receive promptly after sending the laptop back to them at my own cost.

Never again

And TBH I buy most of my discs and paper etc from Ebay now, normally free delivery and cheaper than all the other companys I have found, especially when you factor in the £6.95 charge for postage from most companies.

Please Note - when requesting/posting - Please use the 'Thanks' button or reply with a Thankyou AFTER receiving the Help/Covers you required
Old 15-07-2012, 17:04

Default cant say ive ever had any prbs with SVP

Hi

I completely agree with you about Big Pockets but I have to speak as I find and say I never have problems with SVP I buy all my full surface printable DVD-R from them and no problems. That been said your damn right about ink and covers been faaaaar cheaper on ebay

Kev
Old 08-09-2012, 21:55
Only for V.I.P

Just thought I would let you know for anybody interested, I just found a new site to order PC stuff from, seems they have been around for 25 years so how I haven't found/heard of them before god only knows
Have used them a few times now and they have now become my first choice, excellent prices and really great service.

http://www.scan.co.uk/

Maybe JJ should have a word with them and see if they want to sponsor the site with a few prizes for uploads.

Please Note - when requesting/posting - Please use the 'Thanks' button or reply with a Thankyou AFTER receiving the Help/Covers you required
Old 04-11-2012, 13:10

Just my two-penneth...I recently bought a Pioneer Bluray writer from scan...their service is simply first class all round and have now become my default supplier for anything PC related...
:-)
Closed Thread