Cdcovers.cc Forums






Welcome to the Cdcovers.cc Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features, most noticeably request covers. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, play the arcade, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   Cdcovers.cc Forums > Software Talk > Transcoding Software

Transcoding Software In this forum you can discuss software that compresses, encodes and decodes your movies, to burn them on a DVD recordable

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-03-2012, 21:26
froggythrower's Avatar
froggythrower froggythrower is offline
Only for V.I.P
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,743
Thanks: 866
Thanked 717 Times in 556 Posts
Default iPad Video Convertor Help

Sorry peeps

I bet this question has been answered a million times, but I'm asking i again, especially in this ever changing world where programs are springing up all the time.

What is the best free video converter for iPad, I mean I want to know what you peeps use to convert your dvd's etc to use on the ipad/iphone, which doesn't take forever to convert and has a decent picture quality after conversion

Thanks
Adam
__________________




Please Note - when requesting/posting - Please use the 'Thanks' button or reply with a Thankyou AFTER receiving the Help/Covers you required
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2012, 23:05
JammieD JammieD is offline
I live here!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Scunny U.K.
Posts: 15,966
Thanks: 6,279
Thanked 6,546 Times in 3,820 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythrower View Post
Sorry peeps

I bet this question has been answered a million times, but I'm asking i again, especially in this ever changing world where programs are springing up all the time.

What is the best free video converter for iPad, I mean I want to know what you peeps use to convert your dvd's etc to use on the ipad/iphone, which doesn't take forever to convert and has a decent picture quality after conversion

Thanks
Adam

Hi Adam,

I have converted a couple of movie for a mate for his iphone using a programme called Handbrake.

On the right side of the programme there is an option for ipod/iphone, click this and i think you set the file type to .mp4.

Will double check the settings tomorrow on my PC but it takes me around 5 mins depending on the movie & file size ... using i7 2600k processor.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JammieD For This Useful Post:
froggythrower (13-03-2012), Gridlock (15-03-2012)
  #3  
Old 13-03-2012, 18:28
froggythrower's Avatar
froggythrower froggythrower is offline
Only for V.I.P
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,743
Thanks: 866
Thanked 717 Times in 556 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammieD View Post
Hi Adam,

I have converted a couple of movie for a mate for his iphone using a programme called Handbrake.

On the right side of the programme there is an option for ipod/iphone, click this and i think you set the file type to .mp4.

Will double check the settings tomorrow on my PC but it takes me around 5 mins depending on the movie & file size ... using i7 2600k processor.
Just used it and it works great, a few very simple settings and hey presto, picture is excellent, although it took me a little longer to convert the film than it did you Paul
I have 512mb dedicated graphics card and 4GB ram with my 5 years old Quad Core 2.8ghz PC, it took 41mins to convert a full dvd (4.33Gb) using the ipad pre set, and I ended up with a file size of 827MB.

Thanks bud, great program, and completely free
__________________




Please Note - when requesting/posting - Please use the 'Thanks' button or reply with a Thankyou AFTER receiving the Help/Covers you required
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to froggythrower For This Useful Post:
JammieD (14-03-2012)
  #4  
Old 14-03-2012, 22:58
JammieD JammieD is offline
I live here!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Scunny U.K.
Posts: 15,966
Thanks: 6,279
Thanked 6,546 Times in 3,820 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythrower View Post
Just used it and it works great, a few very simple settings and hey presto, picture is excellent, although it took me a little longer to convert the film than it did you Paul
I have 512mb dedicated graphics card and 4GB ram with my 5 years old Quad Core 2.8ghz PC, it took 41mins to convert a full dvd (4.33Gb) using the ipad pre set, and I ended up with a file size of 827MB.

Thanks bud, great program, and completely free

More than welcome Adam
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JammieD For This Useful Post:
froggythrower (14-03-2012)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last Post Wins .......... Confuddled Cdcovers.cc Lounge 14265 26-05-2013 10:56
Apple iPod or Creative Jukebox Zen knight.2128 MP3 Players / Portable Audio 14 25-10-2005 15:55


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:56.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1999 - 2010, Cdcovers.cc