Cdcovers.cc Forums

Welcome to the Cdcovers.cc Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features, most noticeably request covers. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, play the arcade, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   Cdcovers.cc Forums > General Topics > Designing Custom Covers

Designing Custom Covers The place to ask and find answered and tips regarding designing your own custom cd covers

Old 14-06-2008, 10:17
R4 AUST.

Question How do I resize image dimensions to 700x700

I have created some DVD covers in MS Publisher for myself... I thought, seeing I hadn't found them here, I would upload them for use - but they keep getting rejected saying they are below the required 700 x 700

I have tried increasing actual size of picture, but to no avail.
HELP PLEASE?
Old 15-06-2008, 22:20

1.Go here and download this small free application: http://www.download.com/FastStone-Im...dlPid=10797071

2.Install it.

3. Open your image with FsViewer (either right click the image and choose 'Open With' and navigate to where it says 'FSViewer' and open, or launch FSviewer and choose File Open and navigate to your image and open it that way)

4.Once Image is open in FSViwer, go to 'Edit', scroll down to Resize/Resample and click that.

5. Now if your image isn't already a perfect square in other dimensions, you'll need to make sure to deselect / uncheck 'Preserve Aspect Ratio' at the bottom. So do that.

6. Now at the top of the resize window, where it says 'Pixels' type in the Width text field 700, and int he Height text field 700. then click Ok. (You may want to take note of the Print Size resoution here as well - if you need the DPI to be 72 then enter 72)

7. Now your image is 700 x 700 and can be saved to whereever by using file, Save As and choosing a name for the file and place to save to.

Caveat/Disclaimer: The above method will turn your image into 700 x 700, but if your image started out say 800 x 300 then it will distort the image ratio badly strething and elongating it. If you want o prevent distortion then the Preserve Aspect ratio must be checked, but in doing so you wont get a perfect 700 x 700 image (if your image isnt already a square).

Hope that helps.

BTW If you have Photoshop CS3, that's even better and I can provide instructions in that how to perfectly align and optimize your image.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuTheater View Post
1.Go here and download this small free application: http://www.download.com/FastStone-Im...dlPid=10797071

2.Install it.

3. Open your image with FsViewer (either right click the image and choose 'Open With' and navigate to where it says 'FSViewer' and open, or launch FSviewer and choose File Open and navigate to your image and open it that way)

4.Once Image is open in FSViwer, go to 'Edit', scroll down to Resize/Resample and click that.

5. Now if your image isn't already a perfect square in other dimensions, you'll need to make sure to deselect / uncheck 'Preserve Aspect Ratio' at the bottom. So do that.

6. Now at the top of the resize window, where it says 'Pixels' type in the Width text field 700, and int he Height text field 700. then click Ok. (You may want to take note of the Print Size resoution here as well - if you need the DPI to be 72 then enter 72)

7. Now your image is 700 x 700 and can be saved to whereever by using file, Save As and choosing a name for the file and place to save to.

Caveat/Disclaimer: The above method will turn your image into 700 x 700, but if your image started out say 800 x 300 then it will distort the image ratio badly strething and elongating it. If you want o prevent distortion then the Preserve Aspect ratio must be checked, but in doing so you wont get a perfect 700 x 700 image (if your image isnt already a square).

Hope that helps.

BTW If you have Photoshop CS3, that's even better and I can provide instructions in that how to perfectly align and optimize your image.
Mate the link you have given in your post is not working properly for me..Either the link get corrupted or I have a slow internet connection..
Old 12-02-2011, 11:49
COVERS R US

Thanked 69,792 Times in 55,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankestien View Post
Mate the link you have given in your post is not working properly for me..Either the link get corrupted or I have a slow internet connection..

Nothing wrong with the link

Faststone is a great piece of software too BTW

Dont forget to say thank you to whoever sends your covers, manners cost nothing and it takes seconds to press the thank you button!!

Old 12-02-2011, 15:55
I live here!

Thanked 1,348 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbrown4701 View Post
I have created some DVD covers in MS Publisher for myself... I thought, seeing I hadn't found them here, I would upload them for use - but they keep getting rejected saying they are below the required 700 x 700

I have tried increasing actual size of picture, but to no avail.
HELP PLEASE?

700 x 700 is no longer the preferred size , please use 1000 x 1000 for discs

please look here

VCD, Music And Jewel Case PC Game Covers:

Custom Jewel case sized covers should comprise a paired (i.e, matching)front and back cover. We recommend that you use a template of dimensions 1775 x 1385 px for the back cover, and 1425 x 1425 px for the front panel, at 300dpi. This isn’t a minimum requirement, just a recommendation – hi-res images stand a much better chance of being accepted.
Submitted Jewel-sized front covers should be a minimum of 1000 x 1000px.
Submitted Jewel-sized back covers should be a minimum of 1280 x 1000 px.
Submitted disc labels should be a minimum 1000 x 1000 px.
We no longer accept Booklet scans under the Music section
The Following User Says Thank You to ratcatcher For This Useful Post:
bluetac (13-02-2011)